Canon also offers cloud-ready printers, which allows you to connect to the cloud storage and printer files within just a few seconds. Canon printers stand out when it comes to offering innovative features. You can pro-actively manage and control various printer functions using the printer management software that can be installed on a computer. One such software is the Canon IJ setup.
Talking about Canon IJ utility, it is a software that is designed by Canon to make printing and scanning easier for the users. The IJ scan helps you to scan images and documents to a computer that is running on Windows or Mac.
The utility saves the scanned data in a preset folder. So, that you can browse and look through the folders on your computer, get a text from the documents, and also attach the files over email.
So, how do you complete the Canon IJ setup? Here is a complete step by step guide to complete the setup on your own. But if you are new and do not have enough technical knowledge, we recommend getting in touch with the Canon printer experts for help.
Steps to Complete Canon IJ Setup
Here we have discussed in detail the steps that you need to follow to complete http //canon.com/ijsetup mx490 in Windows and Mac operating system. While trying to complete the IJ setup for the printer it is also important to install the latest version of the drivers to avoid errors.
That is why it is also important to know the model number of the printer so that you can download and install the latest version of the drivers. Besides, you also need to have an active wi-fi network connection and access points that are in working condition. So, let’s get started now.
Download the Software
Canon does not offer manual software installation using a CD driver anymore. That is why it is important to download and install the correct drivers for the printer model you are using.
For example, if you are using Canon mg 3600 model, then you can download and install the drivers from http //canon.com/ijsetup mg3600. Other than that, make sure the software you have installed is specific to Windows or Mac OS.
Once the driver software for the particular printer model has been successfully installed, double-click on the setup files to start the installation process.
Now, you will see an option that says, ‘choose the method you want to connect the printer’. Here you need to select the wireless option and for wired connection, you need to select USB cable.
If you need to complete http //canon.com/ijsetup Mac then you will be prompted to enter the password. So make sure to enter the correct details and then proceed to the next step.
- Turn on the Canon printer. Also, double-check and make sure the printer is connected to the power outlet, and these are no loose cable connections.
- If you have chosen the ‘wireless setup’ option then press and hold the wi-fi alarm button on the Canon printer until you see two lights flashing.
- Now you will see a blue and green light flashing. This indicates that the printer is now connected to the wi-fi network.
- Then click to agree on the Terms and Conditions. Here you will also see the name of the printer model and the wi-fi network it is connected to.
Canon Printer IJ Setup Using the USB Cable
- If you want to complete the Canon.com/ijsetup through a wired connection then you need to choose the USB option when prompted to select the network connection.
- Now you will see on the screen where you need to jump on the USB connection option on the computer. If you are a Mac user click on the next option.
- Now, you will see on the screen the access points that are connecting the computer. If you want the printer to connect to that network, click on the yes option.
- In the case of Mac, click on the allow option. Now on the screen, you need to dismantle your printer from the computer and then click on allow.
- In the case of Windows, click on ok.
- Then click on the add printer option.
- Then select the particular driver and click on add.
- Once the Canon IJ setup is complete click on the next.
First of all, turn on the Canon Printer.
- Open the settings option on your printer and navigate to select the Device Settings option.
- Here choose LAN settings and press ok. Navigate to select Wireless LAN setup and press ok.
- Now, the Canon printer will start looking for the wi-fi network that is available and the light will start flashing.
- You can choose the wi-fi network from the list of the network that is shown on the screen.
- Enter the password to connect to the wi-fi network and then click on ok. Again press ok to finish the wireless setup.
- Now visit http //canon.com/ijsetup mg3000 to download and install the driver for the particular printer model you are using.
- Go to Devices and Printers and click to add the printer.
- From the next window choose the printer model you are using.
- Well, that is it you Canon printer ij setup is now complete.
Steps for Canon IJ Setup for Mac
You can follow the steps mentioned below to complete wireless Canon.com/ijsetup on Mac.
- Turn on your Mac, Canon printer, and the wi-fi router.
- Now you need to set the Canon printer with the wireless network.
- Open canon.com/ijsetup mg2522 to download.
- Install the driver for the particular printer model.
- Complete the setup following the on-screen instructions.
- Click on the Apple menu and then select System and Preferences.
- Click to choose the Printer and Scanner option.
- Then click on + sign and choose the Canon printer from the list.
- Click to select the add button.
- Well, that is it you have now completed the Canon IJ setup on Mac.
Canon offers some of the most innovative and comprehensive range of printers in the market. Canon IJ printer utility is developed to make print/scan easier for the users. The software is available for Canon inkjet and all-in-one printers. It can be used to change printer settings and also manage various printer functions.
Canon IJ setup support team provides you with the most effective and complete solution setup Canon ij on your own. You can go on canon.com/ijsetup mg2500 and then download the particular driver to complete the setup.